Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Families are the greatest!

I can't believe I haven't written anything for so long. I love reading everyone else's blogs.
Jim had his hip replaced on Nov. 11, 2008. He used a walker for awhile and then a cane. He doesn't use anything now but he still limps quite a bit.

He is still quite involved with the Draper Temple. It is so exciting to see it all finished. It especially looks beautiful at night when it's all lit up. It's very exciting to see the buses going up and down the hill carrying people back and forth to the temple. It's a wonderful presence to have in our neighborhood. Our family got to be some of the first people through and then we went again when Kris and Jamie were here.

We had so much fun with them. It was a grand occasion to be able to have both Samantha and Sydney baptized together.

I had my appendix out on January 10th [Sydney's birthday]. That was unexpected and quite interesting. I had been told that older people don't usually get appendicitis, so I didn't think that's what it was. It wasn't that bad. I recuperated fast. We took pictures. They're pretty gross.

No comments: