Wednesday, December 26, 2007

2007 Christmas

I'm always a little relieved when Christmas is over because I worry so much about everyone having a good time. I have nightmares about forgetting someone, especially with the Santa gifts. So far it's worked out ok. We had a very nice Christmas. Mostly we are grateful for our family. We especially missed those that are far away. We talked to Scotty and Kris and wished them a Merry Christmas.

In fact January is my favorite month of the whole year. Everything kind of settles down and things get put away. I always go through all the cupboards and drawers and get a bag ready for the DI. It's nice for me to think that everything is neat and tidy.

We hope 2008 will be a wonderful year for our whole family. I'm going to try and savor these last few days of 2007 before it slips away.

3 comments:

West said...

You always have such nice Christmas parties and I have missed that this year for sure!!
We will be home to visit soon!
Miss you all!!
Scotty, Heidi & Tayton

Momma Ballou said...

C'mon, you know the real reason you love January is 'cause it's your birthday. You always were one to be in the spot light. Ha Ha.
The party was one of your best! The food was spectacular. We love you and Dad very much. Thanks for all you do.

West Family said...

You shouldn't worry so much. We would all love you even if you did forget something. I already have Christmas put away, it feels so good to have everything cleared away. I love the Christmas decor, but it a good feeling to have it all put away. We even rid of the last 3 boxes in our storage room from moving in. When I say we I mean Kris because it was his stuff.